Encrypt Web Protocols and Cloud Computing Services
OpenStack Swift client for Mac
Unlimited number of OpenStack cloud accounts
Move files among servers
Tight Integration with Finder
Why CloudMounter is the number one choice
Privacy with macOS Keychain
How to connect OpenStack Swift on your computer
In order to connect OpenStack Object Storage to your Mac computer as a network drive, you need to proceed with the following simple steps. The whole process will not take a lot of time and is rather intuitive.
First of all, it is necessary to download and install CloudMounter on your computer.
Then launch the app and choose OpenStack Swift storage from the new connection window.
The following window will appear on the screen of your computer.
Fill in all the fields with the required info, namely authentication URL, login, password, tenant (project), and specify the container name/root directory.
After that click Mount.
Besides that, if you have several OpenStack cloud storage accounts you can effortlessly connect them all via CloudMounter and access them through Finder.
OpenStack is an open-source cloud computing platform focused on providing free cloud computing services. In particular, it is a set of tools that can be used to manage any cloud computing platform for both private and public clouds.
A community of developers was involved in the creation of OpenStack, whose goal was the continuous development of this platform. OpenStack offers a systematic approach to managing end-to-end cloud computing platform services, which include: security, storage, internetworking, virtual machine management, project tracking through a dashboard, and more. Just install OpenStack client and enjoy all its benefits.
OpenStack is a collection of components that work together to deliver infrastructure as a service.
- Nova is the controller that manages the operation of OpenStack virtual machines.
- Swift is a storage system for various files and objects.
- Cinder is a block storage implementation that works in a similar way to a hard disk.
- Neutron is an OpenStack networking component, formerly known as Quantum, that provides proper interworking between the various components.
- Horizon is a Kanban-style dashboard designed to keep track of all the activities that take place inside OpenStack.
- Keystone serves as an identifier and map service for applications and users.
- Glance is a tool for storing virtual machine images.
- Ceilometer is responsible for all information related to metrics and/or accounts.
- Heat provides storage in a single file of all information of cloud applications.